led's fitted to interior.

This is where all car, bike, caravan and hey even boat items go for the time being
poppy
Mostly Harmless
PostsCOLON 13
JoinedCOLON Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:39 pm
LocationCOLON Worcestershire

led's fitted to interior.

Postby poppy » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:20 pm

Hiya. I have just registered on this forum after fitting led lights to my Rover 75.... :) Is there any interest for me posting pics on here in this section please.? Poppy

bigal344
Competent
PostsCOLON 426
JoinedCOLON Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:21 pm
LocationCOLON Crewkerne,Somerset

Re: led's fitted to interior.

Postby bigal344 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:20 am

Definately, i think i can speak for everyone here when i say that we're always happy to have people posting and showing what they've been up to!
Welcome to the forums!! :D

Today I have been mostly Nyaning.

poppy
Mostly Harmless
PostsCOLON 13

Postby poppy » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:33 pm

Hiya. Thank you for the welcome. :) . I wasn't too sure as there does not seem a lot going on in the automotive section. Okay, I will post some pics of how I have used the leds for my car interior a bit later. Poppy.Image

poppy
Mostly Harmless
PostsCOLON 13

Postby poppy » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:37 pm

Hiya. Here are some pics of my "Marmite ambient Lighting"..lol. This is the interior of my Rover 75.

After reading the leaflet from Phenoptix that I got with my recent batch of lights, I decided to join and show as suggested what I had done with my Led's.. I know that the automotive section does not appear to be that popular but, just thought I would share my work with you. :) Thanks Poppy.

bigal344
Competent
PostsCOLON 426
JoinedCOLON Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:21 pm
LocationCOLON Crewkerne,Somerset

Postby bigal344 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:08 pm

The lighting looks great, and works well with the leather trim, good job!!
The whole site is slowly picking up speed as it is still a fairly new site as they go, but with people like yourself getting the details from various places it can only continue to grow.

The automotive section is a bit thin, I have some plans for some additional courtesy lights for my wifes Galaxy, and if I ever get the Cosworth back on the road I'm considering some for that along with some driving lights in LED form.

However between work and family most of my time is spent in the console section as i can meander on with this at home and work!!
Thanks for the pics and again welcome to the forums!

Today I have been mostly Nyaning.

poppy
Mostly Harmless
PostsCOLON 13

Postby poppy » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:12 pm

Hi again. Once again, Thanks for the reply :) I know that I am not in the league of computer buffs and that, but I do like my leds :) I belong to the 75 ZT Owners forum. I have recently put my led project on there and it is very popular, seems that quite a few are now taking up the ambient lighting trend..lol. I bought my first set off eBay and have just gone on from there... Always trying to think of something a bit different, but not too over the top... Do not really want it looking like one of these cars that are a bit in your face, if you know what I mean. :) Anyway, I am by no means any auto electrician..eek. :) . Just enjoy messing about really. Poppy

phenoptix
Competent
PostsCOLON 744
JoinedCOLON Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:25 am

Postby phenoptix » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:55 pm

Hi Poppy, sorry that I've not commented before! Been a busy time with the business, great that you've posted something in automotive! We have a lot of customers that mod their cars but really it just needs someone to start posting! Many thanks for being that person!!

I think the lights look great!

poppy
Mostly Harmless
PostsCOLON 13

Postby poppy » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:16 pm

phenoptix wroteColonHi Poppy, sorry that I've not commented before! Been a busy time with the business, great that you've posted something in automotive! We have a lot of customers that mod their cars but really it just needs someone to start posting! Many thanks for being that person!!

I think the lights look great!

Hiya. As I have said, No where as near as technical as most on here.. :oops: . But I thought that I would take up the invitation on your letter that I received with my leds to post a few pics of what I have used them for. Seems to be no stop to it now though as I keep on doing other little mods to my interior. lol. Just fitted another 4 leds into my e/w switches now..eek. :) I also have 2 brothers who are X Box nuts and they are very interested in some of the amazing mods that peeps have done on here.. ;) :D Poppy

phenoptix
Competent
PostsCOLON 744
JoinedCOLON Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:25 am

Postby phenoptix » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:04 pm

Me either! You've done the most important thing and started! Surprising how addictive it all is! Lots of 12V products that work on cars really. If you can think of a use for any of our products (these in particular http://www.phenoptix.com/index.php/prewired/flexible-strip/flexible-led-strip-blue-3-led-wide-angle-unit.html) let us know and we can send out some for you to play with in exchange for a bit of content (pictures on the forums!). Cheers again for posting, putting stuff on forums isn't the easiest way to share content these days and I appreciate all the extra effort all those of you that do go through to get the stuff up. Hopefully I can start getting back on here regularly again and post some projects of my own! Though my current project on the car is upgrading all the bushes to bright orange polyurethane ones! Already smashed my thumb to bits on the gravel but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end!

poppy
Mostly Harmless
PostsCOLON 13

Postby poppy » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:22 pm

Hiya. Question..... Do you think that it would be possible to devise a way of fitting red leds in my rear lights / brake lights too.? maybe a strip or a ring..??? Poppy

Return to