JoinedCOLON Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:02 pm
LocationCOLON Wells, Somerset, UK
CONTACTCOLON

Re: Prototyping Plates!

Postby vimes79 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:50 pm

Damn I had to look up password to log in and it cost me :(
Supporter of Official Arduinos - BeagleBone - RasPi + EVE
-PROUD OWNER OF RepRap PRO MENDEL 3D PRINTER-
Current Projects : + Twitter Bug RGB + RoboBrrd UK #004 (Wireless IoT Brrd) + "Imp Print" +

Twitter Feed : Raw_Gaming

phenoptix
Competent
PostsCOLON 744
JoinedCOLON Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:25 am

Postby phenoptix » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:55 pm

No Sir Samuel, you were number four. I'll generate codes for the four of you tomorrow.

vimes79
Competent
PostsCOLON 152
CONTACTCOLON

Postby vimes79 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:07 pm

Cool!I didn't look at the names properly and just counted the comments. Thanks for the giveaway, just ordered a Pibow so cant wait!

On a Discworld note... Terry Pratchett just released the name of the next book (Normally he does about 4 months before publishing) on his Twitter... "Making Steam"
Mmm it sounds like one of the Going Postal/Making Money type books, I think its going to be about creating a "London Underground/Metro" type transport system as the last few books based in Anhk Morpork have all made hints towards it by mentioning and even having locations in the old tunnels and streets UNDER the city...
Cant Wait! If its an Anhk Morpork book then Sir Samual will at least get a cameo or small role.
Current Projects : + Twitter Bug RGB + RoboBrrd UK #004 (Wireless IoT Brrd) + "Imp Print" +

phenoptix
Competent
PostsCOLON 744

Postby phenoptix » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:58 am

Really enjoyed the postal / money books. Would enjoy hearing (I always get the audio book!) more about Ludvic!
Think I have a couple to catch up on though so its probably time to see if I can get another audible trial!

vimes79
Competent
PostsCOLON 152
CONTACTCOLON

Postby vimes79 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:36 am

Wow, thats crazy, I ALWAYS buy the Audio Book too (Un-abridged as I hate it when they trim them down and I want to listen word for word) when they come out normally a few weeks after the UK Book release mainly through Audible as they are super cheap when buying with credits.

I have every DW book in print and in audio. As well as all the maps, companion books, all the science of Discworld books and a few of TP's non-Discworld books (Nation, The Long Earth and Dodger). I also have all the collectors edition calenders all with great art in them from 1994 to now plus some other cool stuff like a set of Anhk Morpork Bank Notes and a cheque book that came included with Making Money, a sheet of stamps that came with Going Postal. I have a couple of rare bits including 2x Proof Copies (Wee Free Men & Thud) and a Signed (By TP and Josh Kirby - Who did all the artwork before he died) 1st edition of Pyramids (from when 1st editions were rare unlike these days when a 1st Edition can be 250k books or more!)

Originally I got most of my audio books from download sites but always bought the actual book too to ease my conscience!
I have an Audible account which I started 2 and a bit years ago when I bought my laptop and it came with a voucher for 3 free credits/books. I continued my sub and have the 2 credits a month sub and now now have all but a few of the older books on my account so I can download or stream onto my phone (as the audible audio books use the original reading for their un-abridged books and the quality is no better then the copies I already have so I consider it pointless and a waste to spend my credits on those ones. I only have about 4 or 5 books on Audible that are not by Terry Pratchett plus a couple of free books I have had as an offer once in a while but have never listened to the free ones.

The Moist Von-Lipvig books are great and TP has stated he has a 3rd ready to be written and has mentioned a few times in interviews that the 3rd book would be an introduction of Taxes and this is backed up alot by events from Snuff which mentions various new taxes multiple times.

Finally, TP's Daughter (Rhianna Pratchett) and Terry himself have confirmed that she WILL be continuing the Discworld series when her father can no longer do it (He has Alzheimer’s and already is unable to type and write (He dictates to his PA) and no longer adds the witty little comments he would always write above his autograph when signing books).
Currently she is producing and co-writing (with Terry Jones!!!) and over seen by Terry Pratchett, a 13 episode, 60min TV show called "The Watch" which has been described as a "Discworld CSI"... Looking forward to that! Rhianna is a talented writer and TP has 1000's of pages of notes and guides as well as an "Insanely complicated but accurate" DW Timeline of events starting with the events of Colour of Magic and is reported to be locked in a safe as it also contains future DW events and such.

vimes79
Competent
PostsCOLON 152
CONTACTCOLON

Postby vimes79 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:00 am

On topic.
My Free MultiHolder I won from you arrived safe and sound along with Mho the Resistor I just couldn't resist as I have wanted to buy one for ages!

The Plate looks awesome, really well designed, all the holes are spot on and its the ideal little solution for Breadboarding. I have attached my White Duemilanove to it just to be different and it all looks and works great. I was intending to swap it out and put the RasPi on it that I am going to use for my 3D Printer once my Pibow arrives but now I have the Cool White Duemilanove on it Im tempted to leave it on and either buy another Multi Holder to act as the base layer of the Pibow or possibly have a quick change around of the fixing holes so the the Pi and PiBow sit in the center of the plate, a set of 3 and another of 2 holes added (3 one side and 2 the other) to allow me to attach the HotPi board that I ordered on Kickstarter and finally arrived this week and use that attached to the GPIO header via a ribbon cable and have that monitoring Actual Bed temps (hopefully with one of the new Adafruit IR temp sensors if they still have stock once im paid tomorrow), and it also has a 3pin fan header so I can connect the 2nd 40mm fan I have for tall thin prints. The 2 holes on the other side will be for my Pi Supply board that controls USB power and has a safe shutdown and start button. I was one of the lucky 9 who got one of the 10 Beta boards made for testing which will ship as soon as the KS is over in a few days, I also added a 2nd Pi Supply but its the production model with some added features but wont be here for a good few months. Finally add 3 mounting holes in 3 corners to attach to 3x 4mm thick ABS U clamps I will print off so the Pi can be attached straight on the side of the printer frame via the clamps that go around the threaded bar frame pieces.

Anyway the boards look great and I think they will sell well. Its a really nice little solution!

phenoptix
Competent
PostsCOLON 744

Postby phenoptix » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:21 pm

The boards still sell fairly well and we're doing custom versions for workshops. Rattling around the old brain is the Multiholder Grande. That would take a couple of big breadboards and have some room for a due / mega etc. Should be a quick job, just need to get on and do it!

Giobaldi
Mostly Harmless
PostsCOLON 9
JoinedCOLON Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:42 am

Postby Giobaldi » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:53 am

looks great

Return to