Geek Flakes! Iron Man, Star Wars and Hack-a-day (so far!)

Show off your creations
phenoptix
Competent
PostsCOLON 745
JoinedCOLON Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:25 am

Geek Flakes! Iron Man, Star Wars and Hack-a-day (so far!)

Postby phenoptix » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:47 pm

Becoming my obsession! Tinkered with and designed in Inkscape. Bloodly brilliant bit of software. Get it, use it and share it!

vimes79
Competent
PostsCOLON 152
JoinedCOLON Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:02 pm
LocationCOLON Wells, Somerset, UK
CONTACTCOLON

Re: Geek Flakes! Iron Man, Star Wars and Hack-a-day (so far!

Postby vimes79 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:05 am

It is great, I downloaded after you mentioned it on Twitter and love it! Been using Gimp (and cough google sketch up cough) up till now, now its inkscape all the way as it does the lot! Great software.

Love the new Hackaday snowflake, hopefully you got my email about swapping one of the starwars ones on the clear sheet for a hackaday one if you haven't already cut it before reading this or my email, everything else is the same, cant wait to get my order through and have friends who I have ordered for who are excited too!
Supporter of Official Arduinos - BeagleBone - RasPi + EVE
-PROUD OWNER OF RepRap PRO MENDEL 3D PRINTER-
Current Projects : + Twitter Bug RGB + RoboBrrd UK #004 (Wireless IoT Brrd) + "Imp Print" +

Twitter Feed : Raw_Gaming

dec0y7
Competent
PostsCOLON 352
JoinedCOLON Sat May 28, 2011 11:26 am
LocationCOLON Sheffield UK

Postby dec0y7 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:10 am

Just cool beyond anything, I use gimp :( and that shite google lame excuse of “CAD” so I'm now changing
tis Better to have tried and failed than never to have tried at all

I blame spelling errors and my writing skills or lack of...... On fred!!!!!! My blood clot (yes I really did name it lol)

phenoptix
Competent
PostsCOLON 745
JoinedCOLON Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:25 am

Postby phenoptix » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:04 pm

I particularly like the tool tips at the bottom of the page. I've been using Inkscape for a week and I'm more proficient in it than I am in Corel draw which I've used for years!

dec0y7
Competent
PostsCOLON 352

Postby dec0y7 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:57 pm

That's it I've downloaded it and looks good so far and can't wait till I can get into it more but so far so good.

I blame spelling errors and my writing skills or lack of...... On fred!!!!!! My blood clot (yes I really did name it lol)

vimes79
Competent
PostsCOLON 152
JoinedCOLON Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:02 pm
LocationCOLON Wells, Somerset, UK
CONTACTCOLON

Postby vimes79 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:15 pm

Its pretty awesome and got some mad features that you normally only find in "premium" suites.
Love the laser cut box maker that Ben posted in another post, its a great plugin and super handy as I have 3 or 4 boxes/cases that need cutting that I can now re-draw quickly using that to give acurate cuts.

Just need to have the info about adding etching onto my designs to go to the laser and I will be all set to start designing some cool stuff for Phenoptix to cut and etch.

I think im on the right track with etching... I use the Raster function right??? I just need an example of a cut and etched piece that has been tested so I can see exactly how Ben needs etched designs submitted (two files).

Inkscape tho is just awesome, one of the best pieces of open source out there!
Supporter of Official Arduinos - BeagleBone - RasPi + EVE
-PROUD OWNER OF RepRap PRO MENDEL 3D PRINTER-
Current Projects : + Twitter Bug RGB + RoboBrrd UK #004 (Wireless IoT Brrd) + "Imp Print" +

Twitter Feed : Raw_Gaming

dec0y7
Competent
PostsCOLON 352

Postby dec0y7 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:19 pm

Going to have a day to two just sat playing with it so I can get the best out of it

Return to