PIR light

Show off your creations
xanthic
Above Average
PostsCOLON 87
JoinedCOLON Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:03 am

PIR light

Postby xanthic » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:13 am

I finally got around to fixing up board I bought from you. I wanted this to run straight off the mains, so got hold of a small transformer and soldered my own rectifier.

Almurray42
Competent
PostsCOLON 293
JoinedCOLON Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:42 pm
LocationCOLON Bridgwater, Somerset, England
CONTACTCOLON

Re: PIR light

Postby Almurray42 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:53 pm

Looks good! Is that the RGB version?
I've been wanting to try out an infra red version of this to light up an area for nighttime cctv; where Did you find the floodlight casing out of interest?

Oh, and welcome to the forums! :D
[MOD IT] [OR BIN IT]

xanthic
Above Average
PostsCOLON 87

Postby xanthic » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:03 am

It's the single colour option (with cool white LEDs). The casing I bought from B & Q for a about £7, though now they sell one with a PIR for £8. I hacked that PIR on to the body from another unwanted 400 W light and sealed it up with Sugru (that stuff is great). I'd imagine a IR version would be pretty neat. I'm thinking of ordering some more with UV LEDs to build a PCB exposure box, something like this one - http://hackedgadgets.com/2009/04/21/diy-uv-led-double-sided-pcb-exposure-box/

phenoptix
Competent
PostsCOLON 744
JoinedCOLON Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:25 am

Postby phenoptix » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:20 pm

Welcome to the forums! Some good posts to far! Where is the light going to go? I've thought about trying one of those boxes too, was never sure of the wavelength needed for the etch resist.

xanthic
Above Average
PostsCOLON 87

Postby xanthic » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:59 am

Thanks :) The PIR light will be going up on a wall to light a driveway/path.

I've read conflicting theories about the UV etching. I think standard etch tubes produce shorter wavelengths than that of the LEDs, but most people who've actually tried it say it works.

Return to