Show off your creations
bigal344
Competent
PostsCOLON 426
JoinedCOLON Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:21 pm
LocationCOLON Crewkerne,Somerset

Tangoed Laptop

Postby bigal344 » Wed May 23, 2012 8:57 am

So, my son decided that he wanted a laptop for his birthday, but given the prices of the damn things these days It would have meant spending a fortune for one or getting a pretty low level one and still paying quite a bit of money!!
So, second hand it was then!!
I found a well priced Acer Aspire 7250 online for a good price, and after reading the reviews of it found that its a pretty good laptop, just with lousy RAM.
After it arrived i found that the lid was fairly scratched so after a hunt on eBay I found a second hand lid for £5 delivered, bargain!!
Now my son's favourite colour is orange as shown by his bright orange 360 and controller, shown here http://forums.phenoptix.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=498. So after buying some suitably orange paint and some more plastic primer work begins.
The lid as it arrived with me.

I first tried masking the Acer logo with tape, and found it bloody hard to get decent lines around the edges, probably need a decent knife really!!

However, removing the tape I found that the logo was only lightly glued down, and came off easily!!

So, quick rub down and such and painting begins with a prime coat.

Once this was rubbed down its time for the first coat of Volkswagen Brilliant Orange! 8-)

I decided to stick the logo back on first and then start to laquer it, to keep it all shiny!
After awhile I ended up with something that looked like this, I think it should be orange enough!!

Today I have been mostly Nyaning.

phenoptix
Competent
PostsCOLON 745
JoinedCOLON Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:25 am

Re: Tangoed Laptop

Postby phenoptix » Thu May 24, 2012 3:57 pm

Think you're going to have one happy boy again!

bigal344
Competent
PostsCOLON 426
JoinedCOLON Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:21 pm
LocationCOLON Crewkerne,Somerset

Re: Tangoed Laptop

Postby bigal344 » Thu May 24, 2012 4:07 pm

I certainly hope so! Was going to do some custom illumination on it, but not sure what to do or if I'll have time to complete it before hid birthday!

Today I have been mostly Nyaning.

Return to