Sponsored PC: Evolution

Forum for PC Mods, featuring some of our sponsored mods.
phenoptix
Competent
PostsCOLON 744
JoinedCOLON Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:25 am

Sponsored PC: Evolution

Postby phenoptix » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:07 pm

Just posting the final page of the project by Editor22:

"So here's the log I promised from yesterdays adventure :)

Took everything into the shop and started to figure out how it all went together.

2 x 4" UV cathodes were stuck into the frame behind the pump shroud.

The assembly continued and some parts were riveted into place.

Added the fans and grills to the top panel.

Ben from Phenoptix kindly sponsored me with a bag of blue led tape cut into 4" and 12" lengths so I set about wiring these up. Now I havnt touched a soldering iron since my school days so it took a while to remember what I was doing but after the first few I got back into it :)

Read to go. It's a pretty messy job but should be ok once its all sleeved or I may have to use some of the extra I have to re do it once it comes to sleeving time :)

These two 4" strips were added to the SSD tray after which the tray was stuck to the top panel with some double sided tape.

To give a nice glow behind the motherboard and through the central column I wired up one of the 12" strips and attached it to the back of the motherboard tray.

Now I really don't have a clue when it comes to circuits so just went by trial and error (which turned out to be mostly error) but it started to come together. Just using plactic junctions for now as once it comes to sleeving time I'll be rewiring everything to the correct lengths and also in black.

Got all the hardware in and after issues with some of the standard cables not being long enough it was ready to turn on :)

..... then ...... nothing .....

Roll on three hours and I realised the problem was the power switch, either I wired it wrong (most likely) or its dodgy, I'm not sure how to wire a bulgin with 6 pins so back to the interweb for some more revision :). Anyway luckily I had a spare power switch on my old dragon case so using that I fired her up for the first time.

Finally a few shots of the case up and running on air :)

My watercooling parts were shipped this morning so with any luck they should be here this week for some loop testing fun :)

Thanks for looking, Take care everyone :thumb:

This post Was proudly sponsored by

Image"

Deary65
Above Average
PostsCOLON 95
JoinedCOLON Tue May 25, 2010 7:03 pm
LocationCOLON SW England
CONTACTCOLON

Re: Sponsored PC: Evolution

Postby Deary65 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:40 pm

Looking nice 'n' cool.
I hope to be doing my first PC build some time soon. Hoping to sell an xbox or two first. Will definitely be lighting the insides and cutting a window in the case. :)

Alonso8100
Mostly Harmless
PostsCOLON 5
JoinedCOLON Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:24 pm

Postby Alonso8100 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:20 am

You done superb job...
i never seen this before you posted here...

phenoptix
Competent
PostsCOLON 744
JoinedCOLON Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:25 am

Postby phenoptix » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:06 am

Nate has been working on a number of projects since and now has his own CNC and access to a high grade 3D printer. You can follow his updates through facebook. Not only has he got bucket loads of talent and some cool gear he's a really nice guy too.

editor22
Harmless
PostsCOLON 1
JoinedCOLON Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:58 pm

Postby editor22 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:04 pm

Thanks guys, I've actually been meaning to update this with the final shots but alas time was short :( anyhow here are the final pictures :)

Thanks again to Ben for providing some of his awesome SMD tape which when paired with a few UV cathodes really gives the build that great @"glow"

Almurray42
Competent
PostsCOLON 293
JoinedCOLON Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:42 pm
LocationCOLON Bridgwater, Somerset, England
CONTACTCOLON

Postby Almurray42 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:39 am

:O I WANT IT! *In Total Awe*.... INcredible build....
[MOD IT] [OR BIN IT]

bigal344
Competent
PostsCOLON 426
JoinedCOLON Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:21 pm
LocationCOLON Crewkerne,Somerset

Postby bigal344 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:01 am

Amazing looking build, attention to detail and build quality are superb. Most of my stuff ends up with blue lighting so i do have a soft spot for that as well!! :D

Today I have been mostly Nyaning.

Giobaldi
Mostly Harmless
PostsCOLON 9
JoinedCOLON Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:42 am

Postby Giobaldi » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:11 am

Looks fantastic. About to embark on a new case myself. Plenty of food for thought

Return to