Chopping Neopixel Strips

This forum is for additional product information and requests for additional information.
Thepatman
Harmless
PostsCOLON 1
JoinedCOLON Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:39 pm

Chopping Neopixel Strips

Postby Thepatman » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:31 pm

Hi.
I have used breadboard friendly neopixels to create ambient lighting for my consewrvatory and it's fantastic.

Now I have the bug and "Need" lots of neopixels. I'm wondering if anyone has experience of using neopixel strips as a source of neopixels?

The 60 pixels/metre look to have large soder pad pairs at the cut mark but the 144 pixels/metre look to have one pad that would be cut in half.

Are 144 pixels/metre simple to use individually or are they too packed in? Is the extra space of the 60 pixels/metre worth the extra cost?

Thanks

phenoptix
Competent
PostsCOLON 744
JoinedCOLON Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:25 am

Re: Chopping Neopixel Strips

Postby phenoptix » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:37 pm

The 144 strips can be a bit of a pain actually but the led density is fantastic. If you're soldering strip to strip a bit of strengthening is advised - I've used bits of resistor leg or similar. Soldering to wire isn't too bad as long as you clean the pads and tin them first. Tin the wire too and you'll be OK.

You do have more space on the 60 pixels / meter strip and it does make it easier.

Also loved the video! Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

jasmine12
Harmless
PostsCOLON 1
JoinedCOLON Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:36 pm

Re: Chopping Neopixel Strips

Postby jasmine12 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:39 pm

Some way of remapping the data input pins on the shield would be good. I was planning to use this with a xino board, where pin 8 is used to switch the inbuilt XRF module on and off.
Join 1Y0-A20 dumps exam online training program to successfully complete The College of New Jersey dumps certification. Also practice for next SAP braindumps exam.

Return to