Buy list.

This forum is for additional product information and requests for additional information.
Cougar
Below Average
PostsCOLON 19
JoinedCOLON Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:10 am
LocationCOLON Kent, England.
CONTACTCOLON

Buy list.

Postby Cougar » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:51 pm

As much as sending emails is fun, I figure I will post my "want" list here. :D

Panavise Jr. - PV-201 --- This looks like much awesome, have been after a similar fully adjustable vice for along time.
TinyCylon x2 --- Would like the LEDs in Orange (0805's) and running from a 12v source, would appreciate more information on this.
Pre-wired LED strips --- Cut to length, also in Orange. Not sure on desired length.

And various other bits.
AKA Vr5fx.

vimes79
Competent
PostsCOLON 152
JoinedCOLON Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:02 pm
LocationCOLON Wells, Somerset, UK
CONTACTCOLON

Re: Buy list.

Postby vimes79 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:45 pm

Nice choices.
Those Panavise are the nuts! One of those is going on my xmas list for sure.

The Tiny Cylon Kits are great although the ATtiny85 MCU it uses (in fact the whole Atmel Tiny family I believe) are only rated to a max of 5.5v and the kits are set up for around 3v from 2x AA batteries as standard. Im guessing you want to put these into a car and use the 12v DC supply? You might as well stick with the larger 1206 SMD LED's that are standard with the kit as they will fit the best and will give a nicer looking finish to the build (without big spaces of the mounting pads left over unused) and will giver a far better result when lit

The LED sticky strips strips are very cool, simple to set up and will run nicely on any voltage from 6v-12v I have found (with the RGB ones at least). They are a simple and tidy solution for under lighting. I have just a 3 LED 10cm strip set up stuck under one of my shelves 3' above my workbench and have it connected up to a 9v supply and just a simple 3 switch setup, which is nice and bright with just one colour running on all 3 Led's, its very bright with all 3 colours lit on the 3 Led's running giving white light and provides ample light for just searching for stuff and great to put the Red light on to have some light while working on the computer etc... They are ideal for mounting in the foot wells of cars or inside PC cases and that kind of thing.
Supporter of Official Arduinos - BeagleBone - RasPi + EVE
-PROUD OWNER OF RepRap PRO MENDEL 3D PRINTER-
Current Projects : + Twitter Bug RGB + RoboBrrd UK #004 (Wireless IoT Brrd) + "Imp Print" +

Twitter Feed : Raw_Gaming

Cougar
Below Average
PostsCOLON 19
CONTACTCOLON

Postby Cougar » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:27 pm

I'm going to ruin a Xbox 360. Do one of them bad boys up, gonna be sweet.
I could split the DVD drive or wreak the mem ports and pull 3.3v. If that will work without a resistor? Anyone know of this? I'm not sure if they supply 1206 in Orange. But then I can always swap my colours around.
AKA Vr5fx.

Cougar
Below Average
PostsCOLON 19
CONTACTCOLON

Postby Cougar » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:26 pm

Put an order through but no luck with Orange LEDs.
Gonna do a Purple/Blue combo now, instead of Orange/Purple.
Have to wait for some LEDs to come back into stock, but for the most part I can make a start when the Xbox turns up and gear from the Phenoptix store.
Would still like some input on if it is safe to use the Cyclon on 3.3v
AKA Vr5fx.

vimes79
Competent
PostsCOLON 152
JoinedCOLON Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:02 pm
LocationCOLON Wells, Somerset, UK
CONTACTCOLON

Postby vimes79 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:48 pm

Yeah the Cylon Kits work perfectly at 3.3v
The 4 on board SMD resistors that are in the kit that you will need to solder on the back in place should be enough.

Purple/Blue sounds like a better colour scheme over Orange tbh, I like using Blue LED's alot! Need to pick up some UV purple ones, will tap them onto my next Phenoptix order and put them on something, maybe even a Cylon as I have 4 of the blank boards here that im saving for a rainy day to try some changes to Bens code.
Supporter of Official Arduinos - BeagleBone - RasPi + EVE
-PROUD OWNER OF RepRap PRO MENDEL 3D PRINTER-
Current Projects : + Twitter Bug RGB + RoboBrrd UK #004 (Wireless IoT Brrd) + "Imp Print" +

Twitter Feed : Raw_Gaming

phenoptix
Competent
PostsCOLON 744
JoinedCOLON Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:25 am

Postby phenoptix » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:00 pm

This tapatalk thing is excellent! Discovering posts that I'd not seen before!
Strips - need to get them listed again. Will also get a value range in as there are some cheap ones around and we should stock them for when you just need a lot of light and don't have to worry about quality!
1206 Orange - expanding the 1206 range soon to match 0603. 0805 will fit on the cylon board.

Cougar
Below Average
PostsCOLON 19
CONTACTCOLON

Postby Cougar » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:46 pm

I really need to chase up about the timing/sync issues with the Tiny Cylons. Are you able to figure out what is causing the issue? I haven't had any luck anywhere else.
I sent an E-mail on the 6th December with a short video showing the problem.

Vr
AKA Vr5fx.

Return to