[WIP] Custom Water Cooled 360

Articles and posts on soft modding XBOX 360s, no chat on back ups and hacking!
timmyfingaz
Average
PostsCOLON 38
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:42 pm
LocationCOLON Herts, UK
CONTACTCOLON

Re: [WIP] Custom Water Cooled 360

Postby timmyfingaz » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:11 pm

whoo hooo lol

soldered my 1st smd led, not that hard at all when u have the proper tools for the job. good advice i got from this forum, removing the existing LED's by bathing them in solder and wiping them off really works :)

27042012281.jpg

my mate lost one when he opened the packet of led;s over my carpet and i lost the other, one sec it was sitting on the board in place, next it wasnt. must of knocked the board, had a good look but couldnt find it. wish i would of ordered some more 603's now with my order the other day lol all colours at my disposal, i wonder what white led's look in a white case? or black led's in my elite - sorry that last bit about black led's was my poor attempt at humor ;)

"elite" HHD

25042012259.jpg

see you soon folks :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Custom Watercooled 360 - WIP - http://forums.phenoptix.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=584
PC (at the mo) - Gigabyte GA41M - CPU Q9550 - 8GB G-Skill Ripjaw 1333 DDR3 - Corsair Force 3 SSD 120GB - GTX560ti - Custom Water Cooled (to build)

timmyfingaz
Average
PostsCOLON 38
LocationCOLON Herts, UK
CONTACTCOLON

Postby timmyfingaz » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:05 pm

providing we have enough room to work with the T-bar joints will just hang over the edge of the copper sheet. giving us slightly more thickness of copper sheet due to the slight ridges on the t-bar joints

waterblock v2.jpg

this kind of effect, what do you guys think?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Custom Watercooled 360 - WIP - http://forums.phenoptix.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=584
PC (at the mo) - Gigabyte GA41M - CPU Q9550 - 8GB G-Skill Ripjaw 1333 DDR3 - Corsair Force 3 SSD 120GB - GTX560ti - Custom Water Cooled (to build)

chemass
Harmless
PostsCOLON 2
JoinedCOLON Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:37 pm

Postby chemass » Wed May 02, 2012 7:13 am

That's a lot of little joints to test! Also, how are you intending to block the 'T' sections? If you compress the pipe, then you may have issues with the joints.

timmyfingaz
Average
PostsCOLON 38
LocationCOLON Herts, UK
CONTACTCOLON

Postby timmyfingaz » Wed May 02, 2012 3:32 pm

thanks che good points raised but we have these covered. no squashed pipe going forwards but if we did, stick an 8mm drill bit (or similar) each end of the pipe when squashing in vice etc. that was an option but deff going with the locktite thermal adhisive increasing the surface area that way.

also the "little joints" are not a problem as russel can solder copper pipes, he moved the water tank in my loft in prep for the little room i started to make up there for all my tech lol.

01052012307.jpg

so we found out that T-bars are not going to help with the tightness of the bends so we are going to use 90 degree 8mm joints.

got some cool toys turn up over the last few days, got my coolrunner board, nand-x and e79 jtag fix for my recent jtag i acquired. i also got some even cheaper xbox's the other day, fixed 4 already. also in the bunch was a jasper 512mb with a stuck dvd drive. (got 3 ways to fix that now) i've read these are good for not overheating (2009 born on date) so this might be the one i eventually water cool for longevity :)

BEN - MR PHENOPTICS - without a doubt the quickest delivery i've ever had, ordered yesterday afternoon and my SMD 0603 LED's here now when i got back from work, thanks mate. got some bits and bobs to do tonight :)

phenoptix
Competent
PostsCOLON 744
JoinedCOLON Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:25 am

Postby phenoptix » Wed May 02, 2012 4:33 pm

timmyfingaz wroteColonBEN - MR PHENOPTICS - without a doubt the quickest delivery i've ever had, ordered yesterday afternoon and my SMD 0603 LED's here now when i got back from work, thanks mate. got some bits and bobs to do tonight :)

We aim to please! :D

timmyfingaz
Average
PostsCOLON 38
LocationCOLON Herts, UK
CONTACTCOLON

Postby timmyfingaz » Thu May 10, 2012 4:07 pm

sorry not been on for a while been fixing xbox's till the cows come home lol.

all parts ordered and most have arrived now. the 2mm x 100mm x 200m copper sheet turned up 2day (13 quid). i've seen some mock up flow direction cardboard pieces so things will start happening real soon, watch this space lol

Tim

04052012326.jpg

pink - for a girl :)

bigal344
Competent
PostsCOLON 426
JoinedCOLON Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:21 pm
LocationCOLON Crewkerne,Somerset

Postby bigal344 » Fri May 11, 2012 8:25 am

Got some good plans coming on there mate, looking good!!
I know exactly what you mean with the SMD's, I always buy about double what I need (although these days I always try and keep a stock of most colours!), I've lost track of the amount of times that they either 'vanish' or 'ping' off into some sort of alternate dimension, because I can never ever find them anywhere!! :D :D
I did a pink ROL for my eldest's 360 which I think the WIP is still on here somewhere, and it looked pretty good. The pink LED's do seem to stand out very well!!

Today I have been mostly Nyaning.

timmyfingaz
Average
PostsCOLON 38
LocationCOLON Herts, UK
CONTACTCOLON

Postby timmyfingaz » Fri May 11, 2012 2:10 pm

thanks buddy :)

hats off to all u guys (and gals) over here being nice and giving me confidence in my work as to be fair i was hardly the best modder by far lol. i've been working on the infamous RGH for about a week. i had 2 leave it alone for a couple of days as i killed a couple of boards, only 5 quid a pop but still....

i cracked it last night about 2am :) over the moon, can move on with my other project now :)

edit - been trying the RGH on xenon's with not much luck but when i tried the HDMI version it worked 1st time :)

in the mean time I managed to fix a 3 RROD on an xbox motherboard so took some pics when i was doing it to hopefully put together a guide of some description.

also i modded my technics 1210 deck's light. its got a crappy 20v fillament bulb to help you guide the stylus to the vinyl, its called a target light. i followed a great tutorial on youtube by viperfrank, this guy is a legend :) anyways gonna be buying the rest of the parts to do the other deck from PHENOPTIX with a bit of luck so will be doing a tutorial for anyone thats interested :)

have a good weekend folks, see ya soon :)

bigal344
Competent
PostsCOLON 426
JoinedCOLON Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:21 pm
LocationCOLON Crewkerne,Somerset

Postby bigal344 » Sat May 12, 2012 9:46 am

This is what we're all here for mate, it's been great since I joined up here, and its growing all the time.
I used to be a fairly confident 'modder', but never really did anything other than ordinary stuff.
Then i came across Phenoptix, thinking about it I honestly can't remember what my first purchase was, probably some SMD's.
One thing led to another and I ended up here, now I can't look at anything electrical without thinking,
"Hmmmmmm, that'd look better lit up/powered/a different colour etc!" :lol:
Quite a bit of it is outside of my scope still, but its fun learning!!

On the subject of RGH's, I've only done one, on a Jasper boarded console, and then went great. All of my previous ones have been JTAG, which used to be a nightmare.
Horrible soldering and stupidly slow reading through a LPT port, for which I had to use an old Dell tower that I had in the loft!!
RGH makes it so quick that I've converted two consoles that I'd done previously to the newer Nand-x configuration when updating them.
I have yet to use the RGH method on a non-HDMI board, although I plan to, just so that I can retrieve some keys, as I have quite a few consoles/boards that I've collected over the years that have incorrect/missing keys!!!

Today I have been mostly Nyaning.

timmyfingaz
Average
PostsCOLON 38
LocationCOLON Herts, UK
CONTACTCOLON

Postby timmyfingaz » Sun May 13, 2012 3:29 pm

wow i actually find that hard 2 believe, ur mods are top mate :)

lol our storys dont sound that dissimilar about phenoptix my 1st jtag nearly went without a hitch after i re-soldered the lpt cables back on securely after the 1st solder lol. i love software modding stuff anyways thats where really my talents lie within modding lol. really want to get better at the actual case and controller mods, just seen my mate paint his with enamel etch primer then normal black spray paint, looks quite good and only 1st coat of black. i have some cases that are a bit worse for wear but would look ok with a lick of paint i think.

got a few coolrunner chips and a good few boards now to mess around with so will be cracking on this eve. i've got 5 working non-hdmi boards without keys which i wouldnt mind extracting the keys and selling on cheap. i think i know my mistake from doing the non-hdmi rgh, u need 2 update to a certan dash before on the hdmi version and the non-hdmi boards are not on that version. i got around this buy attaching just any old xbox dvd drive onto the board when updating otherwise it wouldnt update without a dvd drive, something to note lol. i'll let u know how i get on.

Return to