Red RGH Xbox

Articles and posts on soft modding XBOX 360s, no chat on back ups and hacking!
bigal344
Competent
PostsCOLON 426
JoinedCOLON Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:21 pm
LocationCOLON Crewkerne,Somerset

Red RGH Xbox

Postby bigal344 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:33 pm

So i have a couple of old Xbox motherboards that have come to me over the years in great condition but minus DVD keys, which up untill now have been more or less useless, however with the advent of the RGH (or reset glitch hack), you can now amongst other things retrieve CPU keys from the motherboard!
Team xecuter now do all the bits need for this including Coolorunner boards, Nand-x programmers and all the needed fixings.
So with everything gathered together including a very nice Jasper 256MB motherboard and DVD drive, off we go. Heres the coolrunner board, ready for soldering.

And with all the relevent length wires soldered up in place, the blue,green and yellow wires that connect under the motherboard.

Here are the Team Xecuter QSB's in place and partially soldered, for the price of these it really isn't worth the hassle of connecting everything with wires, plus it looks alot neater when all finished.
Most of the solder connections are fairly simple with the possible exception of the connection to the HANA chip, which is quite a small point to connect to, so care was needed here!

Next up are the underside connections on the motherboard, again fairly simple, but the green wire was a bit of a pig, being in such a small space, surrounded by many other solder points, the potential for disaster here was quite high. Deep breath and....solder.

Once the wires were all in place, i decided to use my favorite tool, the hot glue gun, to secure the wires in place and also to cover any solder points to prevent any chaffing or shorts!

The next stages, all involved the PC and a couple of my favorite programs for Nand reading and rebuilding, after the NAND has been read at least twice, i could compare the reads for mis-matches and then proceed to create the glitch required glitch file and write it to the NAND.
After this its a fairly simple job of installing Freestyle dash, Dashlaunch, setting up the required file structure on the 20GB HDD and then updating everything to the newest 'Metro' dash (14699).
And then in typical ghetto style firing it up on the desk with the fans wedged against the heatsinks! 8-)

So after everything on the hardware side was sorted it seemed like a shame to just ditch the hard work into a boring old biege case! :(
I had a dig around and found a suitable donor case, which was cleaned up as per usual the wiped down with some easy on the plastic solvent.

The end covers and HDD cover were given a quick coat of plastic primer beforehand as i've found that the grey plastic doesn't tend to cover very well, after this the colors match up with the rest quite nicely!

All in all the shell has come out great, with a lovely deep red shine to it, which i'm very pleased with. So now time to change the RF board to a suitable color to match.
This picture was taken to illustrate to some other poeople just how small a SMD led is, its a bit blurry, but gets the message across!

RF board found and then clamped up nice and safely, i've found that the best way to remove the LEDs is exactly how i was taught here, by bathing the LED's in solder and wiping them off, perfect! 8-)

The main power LED and the surrounding player lights have been replaced with red LED's thus.

And the error LEDs replaced with white ones, although in this picture they do look slightly blue!

All put together and fired up, not the best pictures i'm afraid.

Quite pleased with this one and so its up going for sale and then its on to the next one i guess!! :D :D

Today I have been mostly Nyaning.

I_AM_L3G3ND_90
Average
PostsCOLON 58
JoinedCOLON Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:18 am
LocationCOLON Deal,Kent

Re: Red RGH Xbox

Postby I_AM_L3G3ND_90 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:16 pm

Very nice, how about doing a slim?
Feel free to join my facebook group:
The Xbox Mod Squad.

bigal344
Competent
PostsCOLON 426

Postby bigal344 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:40 pm

I keep meaning to get round to doing one, as i quite like the design and shape and i do think they'd look quite nice in a different colors!

I_AM_L3G3ND_90
Average
PostsCOLON 58
JoinedCOLON Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:18 am
LocationCOLON Deal,Kent

Postby I_AM_L3G3ND_90 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:59 pm

Having seen the white edition of the slim i am somewhat intrigued . . . . I would love one either white and blue or a Baby blue with whit led's.
I've no experience with painting so i'll wait lol.
Feel free to join my facebook group:
The Xbox Mod Squad.

timmyfingaz
Average
PostsCOLON 38
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:42 pm
LocationCOLON Herts, UK
CONTACTCOLON

Postby timmyfingaz » Thu May 17, 2012 8:27 pm

hey mate loving ur work as always :)

could you take a shot with the led's turned off on the next ROL front pannel u mod so i can see how you position the led's to get the error lights working when modded. i did try but not much luck lol.
Custom Watercooled 360 - WIP - http://forums.phenoptix.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=584
PC (at the mo) - Gigabyte GA41M - CPU Q9550 - 8GB G-Skill Ripjaw 1333 DDR3 - Corsair Force 3 SSD 120GB - GTX560ti - Custom Water Cooled (to build)

bigal344
Competent
PostsCOLON 426

Postby bigal344 » Sun May 20, 2012 9:10 pm

No problem, i suspect that i have a modded Rf board lying around somewhere so I'll grab a couple of pics asap for you mate!!

timmyfingaz
Average
PostsCOLON 38
LocationCOLON Herts, UK
CONTACTCOLON

Postby timmyfingaz » Mon May 21, 2012 1:20 pm

thanks hope your well
Custom Watercooled 360 - WIP - http://forums.phenoptix.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=584
PC (at the mo) - Gigabyte GA41M - CPU Q9550 - 8GB G-Skill Ripjaw 1333 DDR3 - Corsair Force 3 SSD 120GB - GTX560ti - Custom Water Cooled (to build)

bigal344
Competent
PostsCOLON 426

Postby bigal344 » Mon May 21, 2012 11:51 pm

Right, I found an old board that i had in a drawer at work, and eventually managed to get some photos that were half decent!!
You'll have to excuse the quality of the soldering as this was an old board that I did when my soldering skills were not that great, although they're not that special now actually......

I tend to put the power/player LED's on first and then connect the error LED's negative to the point and then carefully 'drag' a small piece of solder across to the common positive point, as shown on this brilliant picture from http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/console/other/360-rol.htm

Hope that helps you out, if not let me know and I'll try and grab some better pics!! :D

timmyfingaz
Average
PostsCOLON 38
LocationCOLON Herts, UK
CONTACTCOLON

Postby timmyfingaz » Tue May 22, 2012 2:14 pm

yes mate that is perfect :) i had them pretty different, i think my error led's where completely wrong! thanks mate :)

bigal344
Competent
PostsCOLON 426

Postby bigal344 » Tue May 22, 2012 4:56 pm

No worries mate, glad I could be of assistance! :D

Return to