XBOX 360 Controller LED Swap

Articles and posts on soft modding XBOX 360s, no chat on back ups and hacking!
chipxtreme
Harmless
PostsCOLON 3
JoinedCOLON Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:31 pm

Re: XBOX 360 Controller LED Swap

Postby chipxtreme » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:07 pm

The ones I bought were:

Angle Degree: 130
Voltage: 3.0-3.4V
Current: 20mA
MCD: 120-140
Dominant Wave: 460-470nm

I see yours are

Emitting Wavelength (nm) 465-470
Intensity (mcd) 155-200
Viewing Angle (deg) 120
Forward Voltage (V) 3.0-3.2
Forward Current (mA) 20

Not a great difference? I presume for the LEDs to work on controllers while the battery is low you'd need some that support voltages less than 3v? On the plus side they work perfect on the ROL on my slim xbox :)

phenoptix
Competent
PostsCOLON 744
JoinedCOLON Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:25 am

Postby phenoptix » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:33 pm

No wonder they have a lower switch off voltage! You bought from the competition?! I was about to check out our stock! Just promise you won't do it again! They'll work ok on the console ROL as it provides a higher voltage.

chipxtreme
Harmless
PostsCOLON 3
JoinedCOLON Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:31 pm

Postby chipxtreme » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:32 am

Unfortunately yes lol just bought 100 off a cheap china seller to try them out, do yours work with play & charge batteries, i'm guessing not because they only supply 2.4v?

phenoptix
Competent
PostsCOLON 744

Postby phenoptix » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:30 pm

Ours light at 2.3V but aren't amazingly bright at that level. We do work pretty hard sourcing the best LEDs for the controller mod so you don't get these sort of problems with our products. Considering doing a head and shoulders style controller with our LEDs and some from our rivals.

custom tech
Harmless
PostsCOLON 2
JoinedCOLON Sat May 05, 2012 8:53 pm

Postby custom tech » Tue May 22, 2012 1:34 pm

well I have a few experiment controllers I which I used to try out SMD mods and some were a fail the biggest problem was dry joints (think its called that) until I started using the solder paste is there a way or a technique to get solder back into the joints or is a lost hope cheers

Almurray42
Competent
PostsCOLON 293
JoinedCOLON Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:42 pm
LocationCOLON Bridgwater, Somerset, England
CONTACTCOLON

Postby Almurray42 » Tue May 22, 2012 2:58 pm

custom tech wroteColonwell I have a few experiment controllers I which I used to try out SMD mods and some were a fail the biggest problem was dry joints (think its called that) until I started using the solder paste is there a way or a technique to get solder back into the joints or is a lost hope cheers

What type of joints do you mean?
Generally you should heat up and melt the remaining solder and remove it with either some de-soldering wick or a solder sucker. Then whilst keeping the joint/area hot slowly feed in some thin fluxed solder, if it's hot enough it should re-bond to the joint and fill any gaps you may have.
Hope this helps!
[MOD IT] [OR BIN IT]

phenoptix
Competent
PostsCOLON 744

Postby phenoptix » Wed May 30, 2012 4:24 pm

custom tech wroteColonwell I have a few experiment controllers I which I used to try out SMD mods and some were a fail the biggest problem was dry joints (think its called that) until I started using the solder paste is there a way or a technique to get solder back into the joints or is a lost hope cheers

Do you perhaps mean lifted traces? Getting solder onto the pads should be a fairly simple process, but occasionally, mainly if you use a bit of force removing the old LEDs you can lift the pad and trace. If this is the case you'll need to do a trace repair, which can be tricky if you've had too much coffee!

Return to