Problem with meArm_Adafruit library

Everything MeArm, right here!
cbwarren
Harmless
PostsCOLON 2
JoinedCOLON Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:14 pm

Problem with meArm_Adafruit library

Postby cbwarren » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:44 pm

I initially tested my meArm using variation on the Adafruit_PWMServoDriver examples [using adafruit PWM driver board]. I used potimeter input to determine min/max values for each servo to be used in pwm.setPWM(i, 0, setPoint); statement ( where i is servo number). Setpoint is calculated by setPoint = map(setPoint,0,1023, myMin[i],myMax[i]); The arrays contain min/max values determined manually by moving each servo seperately to their limits.

The problem ( I think!) is in the calibration data imbedded in the meArm_Adafruit library; how these are determined is not clear and how I can translate the values I determined from my "setpoint" approach is also not clear. The issues I am having are:

1) gripper doesn't work at all for either arm.openGripper or arm.closeGripper
2) I can't get full range of motion from x,y,z coordinates that I get from moving manually.

I have determined my min/max for use in the pwm.setPWM statements to be :

1) base: 135/500
2) rh/shoulder: 280/550
3) lh/elbow: 340/570
4) gripper: 200/570

Any thoughts/suggestions??

Bruce

cbwarren
Harmless
PostsCOLON 2
JoinedCOLON Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:14 pm

Re: Problem with meArm_Adafruit library

Postby cbwarren » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:16 pm

After some more quick tests, I note that if I make a move from 2 points with same Z coordinate, the arm will still move in the Z plane ( i.e. up/down). I assume this means there are some issues with calibration data?

phenoptix
Competent
PostsCOLON 744
JoinedCOLON Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:25 am

Re: Problem with meArm_Adafruit library

Postby phenoptix » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:23 pm

Hi Bruce, we're just setting up a new buddy press forum at http://blog.mearm.io/groups/troubleshooting/ would you mind heading over there and reposting? I'll try and track down BobStone who wrote the MeArm_Adafruit library.
I'm going to mothball this forum as well as a lot of other phenoptix stuff as the MeArm is now a whole other thing (far bigger than phenoptix ever was!!)

Return to