Arduino Code

Everything MeArm, right here!
phenoptix
Competent
PostsCOLON 745
JoinedCOLON Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:25 am

Arduino Code

Postby phenoptix » Mon May 19, 2014 9:08 pm

The MeArm has had some great support from Bob Stone and Nick Moriarty of York Hackspace who have added Inverse Kinematics to the MeArm with some nifty Arduino Sketches. They've shared them all on the York Hackspace Github account.

To be honest a couple of weeks ago I didn't even know what Inverse Kinematics was. Basically rather than controlling the Arm by individually moving the servos with say a potentiometer as I did in my first code example, you set desired position of the gripper and use trigonometry to calculate the servo angles to achieve the position. On my github repo you'll see a work in progress going from one to the other.

At the time of writing this I've only got mine working with a single axis. The York Hackspace guys have it sorted and are now working on all sorts of cool ways of controlling the arm.

RorschachUK
Harmless
PostsCOLON 3
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:16 pm

Re: Arduino Code

Postby RorschachUK » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:28 pm

Libraries currently available:
  • meArm - motion control in cartesian space with inverse kinematics on Arduino
  • meArm_Adafruit - same library but using Adafruit PWM Servo driver board, on Arduino
  • meArmPi - motion control library for Raspberry Pi with Adafruit PWM Servo board, in Python
I've also published one application using the libraries, with more on the way:
  • meArm_MovementRecorder - record and playback repeatable movements, on Arduino with Wii Classic controller, Adafruit PWM Servo driver and Nokia 5110 LCD display - see [YouTube]

Return to