Clock 3Jr Word Clock

Either you know what you're doing or you just want to get started. Post your builds and Works In Progress right here!
phenoptix
Competent
PostsCOLON 745
JoinedCOLON Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:25 am

Clock 3Jr Word Clock

Postby phenoptix » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:07 pm

Just started my build of this kickstarter project http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/252714519/clockthree-jr

Should look like this when I've finished:

Will get some pics up asap!

xanthic
Above Average
PostsCOLON 87
JoinedCOLON Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:03 am

Re: Clock 3Jr Word Clock

Postby xanthic » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:55 am

I've been thinking of building one of those for a while. Is the display going to be laser etched acrylic? Any chance of a kit?

phenoptix
Competent
PostsCOLON 745

Postby phenoptix » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:41 pm

Every chance! I bought ten of them!

vimes79
Competent
PostsCOLON 152
JoinedCOLON Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:02 pm
LocationCOLON Wells, Somerset, UK
CONTACTCOLON

Postby vimes79 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:41 am

I LOVE those clocks, have also been thinking of doing one of these or another similar one that I have also seen, for a while as I know the perfect person for it to go to finished as an XMas gift. They look gorgeous when finished!

I will def be getting one of these from you guys. (Unless Ben hoards them all and decides he wants 10 dotted around Phenoptix Towers)

8 days till payday - as already burned through my October "Projects Fund" (and my overdraft) this month after some expensive(ish) purchases of some new bits and pieces including some awesome and rare Red 4 digit and 8 digit 16 Seg and Dot Matrix Intelligent alphanumeric displays for a future project I designed at the beginning of the year and been waiting for the displays to pop up on eBay at the right price since, a hot air solder station (which rocks!), had some prototype PCB's printed at Seeed for an RGB LED prototype (incoming) and 4 pre-orders that were ordered at the beginning of August all coming into stock at Farnell/E14 at within 3 days of each other and taking me and my bank account by surprise :roll:
Happily one item is one of the very few RPi GertBoard Kits out there that made it to me and a very small amount of others who ordered (Very) early. God bless Twitter and RSS Feeds!

Good luck with the clock, I will be keen to see how your build goes.
Supporter of Official Arduinos - BeagleBone - RasPi + EVE
-PROUD OWNER OF RepRap PRO MENDEL 3D PRINTER-
Current Projects : + Twitter Bug RGB + RoboBrrd UK #004 (Wireless IoT Brrd) + "Imp Print" +

Twitter Feed : Raw_Gaming

phenoptix
Competent
PostsCOLON 745

Postby phenoptix » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:28 pm

You know what. I never did build my own clock. Mine is a customer return! Have a phenoptix home brew version in the works though. Surprisingly for a project with a gear logo on it, from a company I really love, I can't find the Clock3Jr board files anywhere!

Return to