Using and Programming Arduino and other microcontrollers
dec0y7
Competent
PostsCOLON 352
JoinedCOLON Sat May 28, 2011 11:26 am
LocationCOLON Sheffield UK

Re: The new Arduino Due - LTD STOCK AVAILABLE @ PHENOPTIX

Postby dec0y7 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:16 pm

Glad you got it sorted and the guys always look after good customers! ;)
tis Better to have tried and failed than never to have tried at all

I blame spelling errors and my writing skills or lack of...... On fred!!!!!! My blood clot (yes I really did name it lol)

SteveL
Harmless
PostsCOLON 1
JoinedCOLON Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:56 pm
LocationCOLON Cambridge, UK
CONTACTCOLON

Postby SteveL » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:01 pm

Got one! Now there are only two Due's left, hurry hurry hurry1

vimes79
Competent
PostsCOLON 152
JoinedCOLON Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:02 pm
LocationCOLON Wells, Somerset, UK
CONTACTCOLON

Postby vimes79 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:08 pm

Nice one Steve. You wont regret that purchase I promise you! For the shear amount of projects you can do and fun you can have with an Arduino (Especially the 'Due' with a HUGE amount of space for programs and a 32bit Atmel ARM Cortex at the heart) for under £40... Its a no-brainer!

Be sure to come back here once you have had it a while and post your thoughts on it as well as any builds and experience with it whether you are new to the 'duino or a veteran, it would be great to see some new posts going up here from the Phenoptix followers and customers about what they are getting up to with their purchases.
Supporter of Official Arduinos - BeagleBone - RasPi + EVE
-PROUD OWNER OF RepRap PRO MENDEL 3D PRINTER-
Current Projects : + Twitter Bug RGB + RoboBrrd UK #004 (Wireless IoT Brrd) + "Imp Print" +

Twitter Feed : Raw_Gaming

vimes79
Competent
PostsCOLON 152
JoinedCOLON Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:02 pm
LocationCOLON Wells, Somerset, UK
CONTACTCOLON

Postby vimes79 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:40 pm

A quick heads up to those of you who have bought one of the new Arduino Due's.
You will need to download a new Beta version (1.5.1 release candidate 2) of the Arduino IDE to be able to program your device as 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 don't have the support for the new board. You can find the download here : http://arduino.cc/en/Main/SoftwareDue
Im guessing once testing has been done and any bugs squashed then we will see a new full release that is compatible and stable across all platforms.

There was a bug in the first release set up for the Due but that has now been fixed and a 2nd Due friendly version launched (1.5.1 R2) (but remember it is still in Beta, so you may hit the odd problem - if you do then report it on the official Arduino Due forums here : http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php?board=87.0) Make sure you have the R2 version, especially if you are using the Windows version of the IDE.

If you need a start up guide to get your new Arduino Due set up then the official one is here, it worth reading it anyway if you are setting up a Due as it gives you all the info and instructions you need to get your board up and running ready to program with the IDE in no time : http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/ArduinoDue

Have Fun, happy coding!
Supporter of Official Arduinos - BeagleBone - RasPi + EVE
-PROUD OWNER OF RepRap PRO MENDEL 3D PRINTER-
Current Projects : + Twitter Bug RGB + RoboBrrd UK #004 (Wireless IoT Brrd) + "Imp Print" +

Twitter Feed : Raw_Gaming

Return to