Using and Programming Arduino and other microcontrollers
bigal344
Competent
PostsCOLON 426
JoinedCOLON Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:21 pm
LocationCOLON Crewkerne,Somerset

Arduino Book

Postby bigal344 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:29 pm

Can anyone recommend a book that would be good for reading up on arduino basics, i know you can read loads on line but i still like to sit down and actually read books sometimes!!

Today I have been mostly Nyaning.

phenoptix
Competent
PostsCOLON 744
JoinedCOLON Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:25 am

Re: Arduino Book

Postby phenoptix » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:18 am

This book by Massimo Banzi has always got good reviews. Quite cheap at about £5 too. Need to pull my finger out on these Arduino seems like someone is very interested already!!

bigal344
Competent
PostsCOLON 426

Postby bigal344 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:51 pm

Ordered up a copy from good ol amazon!
I wouldn't worry to much, i'm still trying to get the LED cube up and running, having a few problems, but as always i think i've finally figured it out and will have another play during the week next week.
The arduino just sounds very interesting and i'd like to have a sit down and have a read up before i move ahead, i've also gotta look into a few things for the new xbox reset glitch which effectively allows the running of homebrew etc on any console even the new slims, i'm interested in this because with the use of xell i could retrieve the DVD keys from a couple of consoles that i have that are scrap at the moment due to incorrect or missing DVD keys, glad i didn't chuck em!!
However this requires a CMOD board,JTAG programmer cable and a usb spi programmer and a bit of soldering!!

phenoptix
Competent
PostsCOLON 744

Postby phenoptix » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:47 am

Sounds like you've already got a good list of tasks! I've still got a mountain of products to list. Cracking on with it again today, it's a bit of a grinding task but well worth it!

bigal344
Competent
PostsCOLON 426

Postby bigal344 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:43 pm

To right, alongside my own 'playtime' projects, which include the LED cube and my watercooling project, i'm also in the process of painting up some other spare cases that i have, and repairing some 360's that i didn't manage to fix before but have now made a 4mm plate with step-offs that i can bolt the motherboard to whilst i work on it, had one success so far!!

Deary65
Above Average
PostsCOLON 95
JoinedCOLON Tue May 25, 2010 7:03 pm
LocationCOLON SW England
CONTACTCOLON

Postby Deary65 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:04 pm

I'd like to know how you get on with your LED cube. All the programming specifically as I want to make one but am baffled by that part of it :P

bigal344
Competent
PostsCOLON 426

Postby bigal344 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:33 pm

Ah, see my 3x3x3 cube which is still a w.i.p runs from a basic (for most people) 555 timer circuit.
I think my problems with the cube centre around a couple of dead LED's as when they've blown they have lost all resistance in some cases, i think that this may be a problem for the circuit and especiallt the 4020ic.
So i'm gonna order some more LED's asap and test them all with my specially made tester, (some wire with a resistor from my 12v source!) after they are soldered in place!!
The actual construction of the cube was alot easier than i thought, my plan is to move onto some bigger programmable cubes after i've sorted this one.One thing i am thinking about though is a better way to connect all the anodes down through the cube, as bending them all out slightly doesn't look all that tidy, i may look into creating a common anode for each vertical plane that if nothing else will tidy it up and help to create a more 'cubey' cube! :lol:

Deary65
Above Average
PostsCOLON 95
JoinedCOLON Tue May 25, 2010 7:03 pm
LocationCOLON SW England
CONTACTCOLON

Postby Deary65 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:06 pm

Even a 555 timer circuit is out of my skill base :P

phenoptix
Competent
PostsCOLON 744

Postby phenoptix » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:06 am

Time to expand the base deary!
I always find the cubier the cube the better myself!

bigal344
Competent
PostsCOLON 426

Postby bigal344 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:52 pm

Deary65 wroteColonEven a 555 timer circuit is out of my skill base :P

I think to be fair, it was probably a wee bit much for me to start with, but from what i've seen of your work you seem to have a pretty good level of skills, but more importantly you're like the rest of us on here, a compulsive tinkerer!! :D

Return to