Sensors that post logs

Got a project in mind? Post it in here to get help from the forums. No idea too crazy or mundane!
dlmwright
Harmless
PostsCOLON 1
JoinedCOLON Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:34 pm

Sensors that post logs

Postby dlmwright » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:46 pm

Hi,

I'm interested in building something relatively raw - that posts sensor information to a server.

So I could have the device running that connects to the home WIFI (using a PI?) - and then periodically posts:

Temperature
Ambient Light
Audio/Background noise levels..
Humidity

also would be great to put some IAM's and measure power consumption of a cappuccino machine.

Like a home measurement thing - I could plus into COSM or other Sensor boards.

If I could just get one sensor posting I would be happy!

David

dec0y7
Competent
PostsCOLON 352
JoinedCOLON Sat May 28, 2011 11:26 am
LocationCOLON Sheffield UK

Re: SENSORS THAT POST LOGS

Postby dec0y7 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:54 pm

Hi
dlmwright welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy your stay here.

What you are planning sounds like a nice project and should be straight forward enough (ish) with a R.Pi.

Most of the members here have and use the R.Pi and will be able to help you I'm sure, just keep checking back far any updates that will be posted.

We all love pictures around here so please show off your work with some pics as the project takes shape.
tis Better to have tried and failed than never to have tried at all

I blame spelling errors and my writing skills or lack of...... On fred!!!!!! My blood clot (yes I really did name it lol)

xanthic
Above Average
PostsCOLON 87
JoinedCOLON Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:03 am

Postby xanthic » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:43 pm

Hi

Looks like you want

http://www.phenoptix.com/collections/sensors-parts/products/adafruit_temperature_humidity_sensor
and
http://www.phenoptix.com/collections/sensors-parts/products/tsl2561-digital-luminosity-lux-light-sensor-by-adafruit-439

The guides on the Adafruit site (linked on the product page) are pretty comprehensive and should be enough to get you going. Shout up if there is something specific you are trying to do :)

phenoptix
Competent
PostsCOLON 744
JoinedCOLON Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:25 am

Postby phenoptix » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:41 pm

Excellent work guys! Welcome to the forums dlmwright, any pics of your espresso machine - I'm a coffee and coffee machine fan!

Return to