tsop48 prototype pcb

Got a project in mind? Post it in here to get help from the forums. No idea too crazy or mundane!
dec0y7
Competent
PostsCOLON 352
JoinedCOLON Sat May 28, 2011 11:26 am
LocationCOLON Sheffield UK

Re: tsop48 prototype pcb

Postby dec0y7 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:27 pm

Nice to see one post has help people so much. KICAD is a nice program and I've started to design what I need, but I've also found some cheap tsop48 pcb that will do the job for my prototype and if it work out then I will have my own made up
tis Better to have tried and failed than never to have tried at all

I blame spelling errors and my writing skills or lack of...... On fred!!!!!! My blood clot (yes I really did name it lol)

phenoptix
Competent
PostsCOLON 745
JoinedCOLON Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:25 am

Postby phenoptix » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:58 pm

A post that gets people talking is always a good post. I found KiCad a bit counter intuitive at first but have got used to it now. It's a great and very powerful program.

dec0y7
Competent
PostsCOLON 352

Postby dec0y7 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:05 pm

I'm just glad I only have to deal with single sided pcb instead of dual as that would be hard lol I've got the tsop48 chips I need and the wire plus the switches, restorers but if it work I will change the restorers for smd ones and fitted onto the pcb design

I blame spelling errors and my writing skills or lack of...... On fred!!!!!! My blood clot (yes I really did name it lol)

dec0y7
Competent
PostsCOLON 352

Postby dec0y7 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:57 am

That's the one I've ordered and if it works then I will redesign the pcb and add some LED's.

Loads of company already make what I'm planning ;) but one sells them for almost £50(all singing and dancing) one sells for about £20(basic) mine less the £1 with out the chip and £4 with the chip ;)

phenoptix
Competent
PostsCOLON 745

Postby phenoptix » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:14 am

Very good pricing, enough mark up to turn a profit I hope. Listening to the Amp Hour the other day, the guy who runs DIYDrones (Chris Anderson) said they use x2.6 the bill of materials which gives them 40% mark up them 40% mark up for distributors. Seems like a good way to go. I would advise against just going heads up with China on pricing and they'll win in the end!!

dec0y7
Competent
PostsCOLON 352

Postby dec0y7 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:40 am

just received most of what i need, just need to do some testing with some LED's and of-cause fit the chip and see if it works 8-) if it does then move onto designing my own pcb.

phenoptix wroteColonVery good pricing, enough mark up to turn a profit I hope. Listening to the Amp Hour the other day, the guy who runs DIYDrones (Chris Anderson) said they use x2.6 the bill of materials which gives them 40% mark up them 40% mark up for distributors. Seems like a good way to go. I would advise against just going heads up with China on pricing and they'll win in the end!!

I'm hoping to RRP them at about £9-£10 so everyone involved makes something and will market it as a no frills, low cost, fully working device.

o and if anyone can guess what im making i will send the first person to post the right answer a free one ;)
Last edited by 1 on dec0y7, edited 0 times in total.

dec0y7
Competent
PostsCOLON 352

Postby dec0y7 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:58 pm

dec0y7 wroteColono and if anyone can guess what im making i will send the first person to post the right answer a free one ;)

i will give you all a clue...............its xbox 360 phat/slim related ;)

dec0y7
Competent
PostsCOLON 352

Postby dec0y7 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:47 pm

thats the chip on, think i might need to invest in a new soldering iron tip before i do the next one lol a 0.5mm Antex CS tip should do not the 3mm im using

phenoptix
Competent
PostsCOLON 745

Postby phenoptix » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:09 am

They should fit ok on your CS-18. Pretty impressive considering mate!

dec0y7
Competent
PostsCOLON 352

Postby dec0y7 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:13 am

Thanks, I'm lucky that I'm ambidextrous so small things like soldering is fine I just can't hold anything with my right hand heavier then a cup. Plus my achi is used on this kind of thing to get it up and keep it to a nice 180 so I hardly need to do anything with the iron ;) just add solder and drag, flux is my best friend when doing this lol I've already sold 20+ of them.

Think its about time I let everyone know what it is.

Its a dual nand for xbox 360 phat/slim so you can play online and still have your RGH\homebrew
Can also be used on a ps3 and wii so I've heard but not tried
Cost to me less then £1 cost of other teams selling more or less the same thing from £20-£50 (ok they have more capability) but it works. I will post some pic's of how its fitted soon

Return to