Help With SMD Led Chaser/Nightrider? For Xbox!

Got a project in mind? Post it in here to get help from the forums. No idea too crazy or mundane!
Rich
Above Average
PostsCOLON 89
JoinedCOLON Fri May 04, 2012 12:43 am
LocationCOLON Chesterfield
CONTACTCOLON

Re: Help With SMD Led Chaser/Nightrider? For Xbox!

Postby Rich » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:38 am

I used to use maplin before the Internet came along, now they are too expensive and don't carry much component stock.
I tend to still go there for project boxes though, you can't beat seeing them first.

Also JPG Electronics are good in Chesterfield

dynamis_dk
Below Average
PostsCOLON 16
JoinedCOLON Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm

Postby dynamis_dk » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:20 pm

So I decided to have a play last night and this is what I came up with. Its as much a bit of practice getting back into the swing of PCB work. I don't really know how to use any design software so I created the artwork in Photoshop so excuse if its a little amateur hour. I created it as a shield type thing for easy interfacing, not that I'll use it for anything as it was to test my design worked before its transferred to the real board for my HTPC project.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRk_6ZaD2lg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dynamis_dk
Below Average
PostsCOLON 16
JoinedCOLON Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm

Postby dynamis_dk » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:16 pm

Design for main PCB is coming on ok now too - hoping within a couple weeks I'll have a final working example.

I've decided to buy another Arduino to use as the serial interface as they are cheaper then I remember, it will save a lot of work figuring out USB to serial adapters and it will allow me to use the extra pins on the Arduino to control some other elements of my build which will be a nice option to have.

Picked up a 5 SMD shift registers for £2 on ebay so I'm hoping to shrink down the design a little more too :)

Return to