printing dxf from Inkscape

For everything else
phenoptix
Competent
PostsCOLON 745
JoinedCOLON Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:25 am

printing dxf from Inkscape

Postby phenoptix » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:09 pm

Currently the dxf print doesn't work in Inkscape. I find this very annoying as it means a trip back to Windows for Corel Draw. This has to stop!

Seems there's an add on for better dxf output for Inkscape and it's available here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:14221

It would seem to work for exporting but importing is still crook.

dec0y7
Competent
PostsCOLON 352
JoinedCOLON Sat May 28, 2011 11:26 am
LocationCOLON Sheffield UK

Re: printing dxf from Inkscape

Postby dec0y7 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:28 pm

Thanks for the heads up
tis Better to have tried and failed than never to have tried at all

I blame spelling errors and my writing skills or lack of...... On fred!!!!!! My blood clot (yes I really did name it lol)

phenoptix
Competent
PostsCOLON 745
JoinedCOLON Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:25 am

Postby phenoptix » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:25 pm

don't bother! didn't work properly!

dec0y7
Competent
PostsCOLON 352
JoinedCOLON Sat May 28, 2011 11:26 am
LocationCOLON Sheffield UK

Postby dec0y7 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:27 pm

:( I'm more then sure you will work something out
tis Better to have tried and failed than never to have tried at all

I blame spelling errors and my writing skills or lack of...... On fred!!!!!! My blood clot (yes I really did name it lol)

vimes79
Competent
PostsCOLON 152
JoinedCOLON Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:02 pm
LocationCOLON Wells, Somerset, UK
CONTACTCOLON

Postby vimes79 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:54 pm

Maybe thats partly why I had trouble generating .dxf files for last weeks cutting, for me it was just producing a white page the right size but nothing else when importing and when exporting it would go through the motions and appear to be saved as a dxf but when re-opening it in inkscape it would be blank again.

I dont know if this is the same issue but it was driving me mad and in the end you already know I acquired a copy of Corel X5, which I must say now im getting to grips with scale, creating smooth and perfect curves, using the grouping, break apart and trace options and the huge amount of FX options and other very cool tools to help bring a botched image back to life as vectors, I have found it great for almost all the work I was using Gimp or Fireworks for, the exception is animated gifs and complicated multi layered banners.

Its a pisser about inkscape as its also a very powerful tool and obvious;y essential for you to use for cuts and etches.
Supporter of Official Arduinos - BeagleBone - RasPi + EVE
-PROUD OWNER OF RepRap PRO MENDEL 3D PRINTER-
Current Projects : + Twitter Bug RGB + RoboBrrd UK #004 (Wireless IoT Brrd) + "Imp Print" +

Twitter Feed : Raw_Gaming

Return to