I_AM_L3G3ND_90
Average
PostsCOLON 58
JoinedCOLON Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:18 am
LocationCOLON Deal,Kent

modiify.com---Robbing bastards....

Postby I_AM_L3G3ND_90 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:08 pm

Hi all

Not been very active lately as have started new job, however I feel rather upset and ought to warn you that I am now no longer giving modiify my business again, two orders last one gotten cancelled without warning, and my recent order of a Ps3 rapid fire chip has not been received I ordered it on the 9th of august and still have not received it I've had next to no communication, all my posts deleted of their YouTube facebook page and thier angelsix page..and to add to it I closed my PayPal... there 're many people have not received their orders eiithr... may I come home please.... oh and please make rapidfire chip.... I would place an order but they robbed me of my last £20......
Feel free to join my facebook group:
The Xbox Mod Squad.

I_AM_L3G3ND_90
Average
PostsCOLON 58
JoinedCOLON Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:18 am
LocationCOLON Deal,Kent

Re: modiify.com---Robbing bastards....

Postby I_AM_L3G3ND_90 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:16 pm

This is the email I sent....

Hello there I'm sure I'll get yet another generic reply But here goes.. I placed my order on the 9th of august and it is now the 21st. I've been told I should have it by now and judging by my messages being deleted of the modiify facebook page and the angelsix page and also the YouTube channel that something's amiss here,  there are many people without there orders of which funny enough was place same time if not earlier than mine.... what is going on and when can I expect to see my order...  This is NOT how to treat your loyal customers of which has spent in excess of £100 in your store.... please get back to me

yours ,

Karl Davies

Sent from Samsung galaxy s3
Feel free to join my facebook group:
The Xbox Mod Squad.

dec0y7
Competent
PostsCOLON 352
JoinedCOLON Sat May 28, 2011 11:26 am
LocationCOLON Sheffield UK

Postby dec0y7 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:59 am

I'm sorry for your loss mate, I really am. I've heard loads of story's like this with them recently.

Them seem to try and come across as a massive company but in reality I bets its just one man in his shed now I could be wrong of cause but that's how it comes across.
It could be that they are really really busy but again, it doesn't take 2mins to send an email stating that.
I've only ordered 1 thing from them, a new soldering iron tip. 3 weeks later still no tip I had to go though paypal. They tried saying it was sent but they had no prove it was sent ;) 3 days later it turned up dated the day I opened the dispute funny thing is they said they didn't send a new one so it must be the original one lol
tis Better to have tried and failed than never to have tried at all

I blame spelling errors and my writing skills or lack of...... On fred!!!!!! My blood clot (yes I really did name it lol)

phenoptix
Competent
PostsCOLON 745
JoinedCOLON Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:25 am

Postby phenoptix » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:32 pm

Firstly, sorry to hear that they've ripped you off. I know what Luke was like as a customer and he was a pain but I'd come around to the fact that he was doing good business and his rapid fire really was the shizzle. I thought fair play to him, he's moved on so far from ripping off our product and undercutting our prices that I should just doft my hat and say well done.

I hope they get back to you and sort it out. I don't think I have the passion for the xbox or PS3 that I once did and I don't think we'll ever make a rapid fire chip to their standards. If one of you guys wants to step up I'll support you and help out with suppliers and supplies.

dec0y7
Competent
PostsCOLON 352

Postby dec0y7 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:22 am

i know when i was looking at mod chips 12f683 was the best around but that is some years ago........wonder what chip they use!!!!!!!!!
i might have to buy one just to reverse engineer it :lol:

phenoptix wroteColon I don't think I have the passion for the xbox or PS3 that I once did
whats happened? or just moved on?

i would love to see someone on here step up and make a mod chip. ive just looked at the Arbiter 3.5 and i can see why people like it as it well put together but its still only a chip connected to different points on the pad, what makes it is the programming on the chip.

I blame spelling errors and my writing skills or lack of...... On fred!!!!!! My blood clot (yes I really did name it lol)

phenoptix
Competent
PostsCOLON 745

Postby phenoptix » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:51 pm

Partly I'm just more interested in general electronics now and the open source hacking and making scene than I am in xbox / ps3 modding. Partly with guys like modiify on the scene its just a race to the bottom on prices, quality and service don't seem to matter to the majority of the modding scene now. Of course the hard core are still concerned with these things and still buy from us but you're in the minority now.

dec0y7
Competent
PostsCOLON 352

Postby dec0y7 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:03 am

i see what your saying....... for me i would rather have the best customer service then cheap stuff from people that dont give a dam ;)

bigal344
Competent
PostsCOLON 426
JoinedCOLON Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:21 pm
LocationCOLON Crewkerne,Somerset

Postby bigal344 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:44 pm

It is a real shame that this is the world we live in, but unfortunately cost is the driving force with most things. There are still some of us that have learnt (often the hard way!) that cheap is not the best way to go all the time and that with cheapness often comes inferior quality.
I certainly know that I have never yet had any Phenoptix products break or fail to do the job that I bough them for, and this is why myself and a growing number of people know where to come!!! :D

Today I have been mostly Nyaning.

phenoptix
Competent
PostsCOLON 745

Postby phenoptix » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:37 am

Too true Al. My love is returning a little, it better had return as I've got tonnes of stock! Seriously though, I need to take stock (literally and figuratively) and decided where the xbox lines are going. Mutation Mods was the idea but then we had a problem customer I and I lost all love for it. But with a bit of work it could be a great business, providing the good stuff!
I spoke will Al a little about sweat equity - part of the business and payment for work done sort of thing and I wonder if it's a model we could work it out with a few forum members. A sort of xbox coop business. Right now I have the stock and you guys have the passion and knowledge. It might be a slow burner but we can work it all out.

Almurray42
Competent
PostsCOLON 293
JoinedCOLON Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:42 pm
LocationCOLON Bridgwater, Somerset, England
CONTACTCOLON

Postby Almurray42 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:38 pm

phenoptix wroteColonI spoke will Al a little about sweat equity - part of the business and payment for work done sort of thing and I wonder if it's a model we could work it out with a few forum members. A sort of xbox coop business. Right now I have the stock and you guys have the passion and knowledge. It might be a slow burner but we can work it all out.

3 Months on - Just seen this... Sounds like a Great Idea! I have been trying to start a small business myself and have found that there is either no demand, OR too much demand for the man hours I can put in; Its seems to work by word of mouth with things like xbox mods... I reckon this is a genuinely great Idea and If you wanted to give it a trial I would be happy to volunteer to help out!
[MOD IT] [OR BIN IT]

Return to